Dates of Mission

November 2011-November 2013



Monday, January 9, 2012

December 7, 2011

Hola!!
 
Sounded like a good week at the Knowles home. It is always good to hear from my family! I am sorry Boise State got robbed, what is new?
 
That is way cool that Dad got to spend that much time with Robert Millet. I have read some of his writings, and I know that Bro. Wilcox quoted him all the time in his book and in mission prep. That was a way cool experience I bet. And people put up pretty similar christmas decorations here, trees, lights, wreaths, etc. It is just not as big of a deal here. And it is a little bit weird because it is really warm. But I love it. I still get to sing plenty of Christmas music and we get to listen to music here so I have been enjoying my christmas music that I have.
 
So my typical day here is:
 
6:30 Wake up
7:00 Personal Study
8:00 Breakfast
8:30-12:00 Class
12:00- Language Study
1:00 Lunch
1:45-5:00 Class
Dinner
6:00-8:00 Study/Practice/Fireside depends on the day
8:00 Gym
9:30- Snack (Supposed to talk to Brasileros)
9:45-10:30 Journal/get ready for bed.
 
The schedule here is way more laid back than Provo, and how much you get out of this MTC has much to do with how much you put into it. Each meal is an opportunity to develop your language skills by sitting with the brazilians however most American missionaries do not take advantage of it. I love them so much, and I try to talk to them every chance I get. I speak pretty well when it comes to the gospel and church stuff, and talking to them helps me develop the rest.
 
To answer Dads question, yes, I have spoken with people out on the streets during p-day and i hardly understand a thing they say, but they understand me apparently cause they talk back when I talk to them. Listening will come with time out in the field.
 
We have not seen the First Presidency Christmas Devotional yet unfortunately, hopefully we get to watch it this sunday.
 
Other notes about brazil... São Paulo is gigantic. It is so big. To put it in perspective, It looks just like the make believe city from the movie Inception. I look out the wind and I see skyscrapers forever. They are not as tall as some of the ones in America, but they go forever. I am not quite sure how big the state of São Paulo is but there is over 32 million people in the state. Que Loco!
 
Anyways, Love you guys lots. I am working really hard!
 
Elder Knowles

No comments:

Post a Comment